BLUE CROSS OF IDAHO – Health Insurance, effective 09-01-2021.
Annual Open Enrollment: The Districts Annual Open Enrollment Period for Health, Vision and Dental Insurance is August 1, 2021 through September 24, 2021 for an effective date of September 1, 2021. Enrollment Applications will be posted on the website no later than August 1, 2021.
New Benefits – Effective 09/01/2021
MDLIVE – Health Benefit
If you have the District health insurance you are eligible for MDLIVE. With MDLIVE telehealth benefit you can receive virtual care with a doctor or counselor 24/7 from your home, office or on-the-go with no office visit copay. MDLive treats over 50 routine medical conditions including: Acne, Allergies, Cold/Flu, Constipation, Cough, Diarrhea, Ear Problems, Insect Bites, Nausea/Vomiting, Pink Eye, Rash, Respiratory Problems, Sore Throats and More. There is no cost for MDLIVE.
It is recommended that you activate your account NOW by going to mdlive.com/bcidaho, so when you need the service it will be ready to go. If you don’t fully activate your account you could be charged.
HEALTH INSURANCE: Blue Cross of Idaho will remain the District’s health insurance carrier. For full-time employees, the District will fund 100% of the employee premium and 80% of the premium cost for dependents. Premiums for part-time employees and their dependents are pro-rated based upon FTE. Part-time employee rates are calculated on an hourly basis.
The District offers two plans, the Basic plan ($1,500 deductible) and an Optional plan ($3,000 deductible).
Eligibility: Certificated employees who work at least Cert50, Administrators and Educational Support Personnel (ESP) who work at least 20 hours per week are eligible for insurance coverage.
Eligible employees have thirty (30) days from their hire date to elect initial enrollment in the health plan. Late enrollment will be effective as of September 1 following application. Employees will be enrolled in a PPO Plan (Preferred Provider Organization).
2021-2022 Insurance Rates
- 2021-2022 CERT Basic Plan ($1,500 deductible) Insurance Rates
- 2021-2022 CERT Optional Plan ($3,000 deductible) Insurance Rates
- 2021-2022 ESP Basic Plan ($1,500 deductible) Insurance Rates
- 2021-2022 ESP Optional Plan ($3,000 deductible) Insurance Rates
2021-2022 Benefit Summaries – Please note there have been no benefit changes for 2021-2022.
- Benefits at a Glance – Health, Vision, Dental and EAP
- $1,500 Deductible Highlights
- $3,000 Deductible Highlights
- Prescription Benefit Highlights
- Preventive Care Benefit Highlights – You Pay Nothing
- The Murray Group – Employee Benefits Advocates
Health Plan Links and Information
Blue Cross of Idaho – Customer Service Telephone: (208) 331-7347 or Toll Free (800)-627-1188
- Blue Cross of Idaho Website
- Blue Cross Provider Search
- BCI Prescription Information
- BCI Drug Search
- BCI Mail Order
- Blue Cross of Idaho RX – Mail Order Pharmacy
- BCI Network Pharmacies Located Within A 50 mile Radius
- BCI $0 Copay For Children’s Office Visits
- Pay Less When You Get Care From ChoiceDocs
- ChoiceDoc Providers
- BCI SmartShopper Compare The Cost of Procedures at Different Healthcare Facilities
- BCI SmartShopper Member Experience – How SmartShopper Works
- BCI Blue Card – Coverage Across The County and Around The World
- BCI Blues Extras – Discounts of Healthcare Services
- BCI Case Management Can Help You Better Understand Your Conditions
- BCI Disease Management Can Help You Manage your Chronic Health Conditions