We are getting ready to kick off RAMS CARE WEEK at Centennial. This week focuses on creating and celebrating a school where every student success – if a student misses just 2 days of school each month, they will miss 10% of the school year! There are so many reasons it is important to have students at school every day. Here are two: students with good attendance have higher reading scores and are more likely to graduate from high school.
To help create a welcoming and safe school, we will be focusing on: “Being ALL-IN” for each other. Students will be encouraged to:
- INclude and look for students that that are isolate or alone
- INtroduce yourself to someone new
- INvite others to join you
- INteract with others with respectful and kind words
- Use the RAMS CARE CHAIR buddy benches at recess to reach out to peers in need of a friend to play with at recess
Monday – “HEY DAY” Say Hello and meet someone new (Find someone new games/Bingo).
Tuesday – “Hats Off to making New Friends Day” Wear a hat to school. Use the icebreaker cards on the tables at lunch to get to know each other.
Wednesday – “Fave Shirt Day” Wear an article of clothing displaying something important about you. Reach out to others to ask about what they chose to wear.
Thursday – “It’s Cool to to Kind Day Wear sunglasses!
Friday – “Rams Care Day” – Centennial Colors Wear Green – School Colors!