Click Here to enroll a new student. (please note this is not the enrollment portal for kindergarten students entering for the 24-25 school year).
Parents enrolling their children within the Independent School District No.1 must provide the following:
- The child’s original birth certificate from the child’s birth state or the eligibility to obtain one within thirty (30) Copies of birth certificates are not accepted.
- Proof of Residency. Documentation showing the name of parent(s)/guardian(s) and physical home address within the last 30 days. Examples: Utility Bill, Rental/Lease/Home Agreement, Cable Bill, City of Lewiston property tax assessment notice, homeowners/renters insurance.
- An up-to-date copy of the child’s immunization record. For more information on immunization requirements, please visit www.healthandwelfare.idaho.gov
- Students who have previously attended school should bring their school records and/or transcripts. Students receiving special education services should bring a copy of the current Individualized Education Program (IEP/504).
- Divorced / Custodial parents – Please bring a copy of any divorce decree, custody agreement, power of attorney or any other legal documentation pertaining to the child.
The District strives to place students at the school in their home attendance area. If the home attendance area school is full in that grade, the student may be placed at a different school with lower enrollment numbers. Students receiving special services will be reviewed by the Special Services Department before being placed in a school. For all enrollment questions, please contact the District Registrar at 208-748-3032 between the hours of 7:30am to 4:30pm M-F.
(Summer hours: 7:00am-3:30pm)
Elementary Enrollment (K – 5th) – enroll online for all elementary schools.
- No student may be enrolled in kindergarten or first grade whose fifth or sixth birthday, respectively, does not occur on or before the first day of September of the school year in which the child registers to enter school. Any child age of five years who has completed a private or public out-of-state kindergarten for the required 450 hours but has not reached the age and date requirement set above shall be allowed to enter the first grade.
Secondary Enrollment – (6th – 12th) – enroll online for all secondary schools.
- Jenifer Middle School (grades 6th-8th) – 1213 16th St.
- Sacajawea Middle School (grades 6th-8th) – 3610 12th St.
- Lewiston High School (grades 9th-12th) – 3201 Cecil Andrus Way
- Tammany High School (grades 10th-12th) 1982 Tammany Creek Rd.
Tammany High School is an alternative school and students must meet the following criteria:
- Meet the at-risk eligibility criteria as designated by the State of Idaho
- Have dropped out or are at risk of dropping out of traditional high school
- Are struggling in a traditional school setting
- Are teen parents
- Have a goal of achieving a high school diploma
For resident children with disabilities who qualify for special education and related services under IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act), school age begins at the age of three and may continue through the semester in which the student turns 21 years old or receives a high school diploma.