Method 1: Direct Transfer from One Account to Another
The simplest method to move data from Google Drive is to use the native features of your Gmail account shown below:
- Sign-in to your Gmail account and go to Google Drive.
- Select the specific documents/files that you want to migrate to another account.
- Now, right-click on the files and click Share – a new wizard will appear on the screen.
- Enter the account details for another Gmail account and click the Advanced settings. Make sure the change to access permission is set “To Owner,” and then hit the Send button.
- The files will be transferred to another Google Drive account; you can open that account and check your files there.
Method 2: Download & Upload
This method is convenient for those who find it difficult to transfer data from one drive to another. However, this method is easier than the previous one.
- Go to Gmail and sign-in to your account.
- Now, go to Google Drive and select the files that you want to migrate to another account.
- Copy all the files and move them to a new folder and name that folder with Export. The folder will appear in your directory.
- Now, you can easily download the Export folder and save all your selected files on your system.
- Right-click on the folder and click the Download option. Google server will automatically compress all the files to the zip file.
- Once downloaded, you can easily extract all the files from the single zip file.
- After extracting the files, open another Google Drive account and click the “+” icon to upload the files and folders from another account.