You become a PERSI member when you go to work in an eligible position with a PERSI employer. When you earn 60 month of service credit you will be vested to receive a lifetime benefit at retirement. The 60-month vesting period does not need to be with the same PERSI employer. The retirement plan is a defined benefit retirement plan and the retirement benefit is determined by a formula which considers:
- Age at the time of retirement
- Number of months credited state service, and
- The highest average monthly salary paid over a period of 42 consecutive months service.
Current contributions required are:
- Employees – 7.16% of salary which is federal and state tax deferred
- Employer – 11.94%
The PERSI Coeur d’Alene office phone is 1-800.962.8228.
PERSI Website: www.persi.idaho.gov
- PERSI BENEFITS at a glance
- PERSI Member Handbook
- PERSI Plan Comparison Chart
- PERSI Brochures
- PERSI Videos
- PERSI Workshops
Please see the PERSI Website for more useful information.