COMMUNITY SOCIAL WORKER – JENNIFER WALLACE
At Whitman, M-F AM, 748-3850 / At Webster, M-F PM, 748-3800
Resources Available to Help Families and Students:
- School Supplies & Backpacks, Coats/Clothing & Shoes
- Food Resources & Food Pantry open Tue. & Thurs. 8:30-10 at Whitman
- Hygiene items, Head Lice Products & Laundry Resources
- Medical, Eye & Dental Resources
- Home Visits to provide resources
- Backpack Food Program for kids
- Referrals to many outside resources
McKinney-Vento PROGRAM, Families in Transition, Do you know a child who:
–Is sharing the housing of others due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or similar reason.
–Is living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, camp grounds due to lack of adequate alternative accommodations.
–Is living in emergency or transitional shelters.
–Is living in public or private place not designed for humans to live.
–Is living in cars, parks, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar setting.
Under the McKinney-Vento Act and the Every Child Succeeds Act, a child living in a temporary or homeless situations, has the right to access education, have school stability, no barriers to enrollment, and support for academic success.
Contact your Community Social Workers for more information.