Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year at the new Tammany High School!
Whether you’re new to Tammany or returning for another school term, I want to let you know about some changes we’ve made to make our school an even better place.
• New name: Tammany High School – we’ve gotten rid of the word “alternative” from our name. While we are still an alternative setting to Lewiston High School, we are now a stand-alone high school.
• 46 credit diploma option: We’ve reduced the number of credits needed to earn a diploma from 54 to 46. If a student chooses to meet the 46 credit option, the diploma from Tammany High School will carry the same weight as any other diploma offered in the State of Idaho. Idaho state law sets 46 as the minimum number of credits needed to earn a high school diploma. All “alternative” high schools and many traditional high schools in the state only require 46 credits now.
• Parent Teacher Conferences: We will continue to host mid-quarter parent/teacher conferences to allow you to meet with your son or daughter’s teachers. The first conference night will be Wednesday, September 25th from 5-7PM at Tammany.
• Parent Portal: Parents and students will continue to be able to check real-time grades online via Parent Portal. If you need help in accessing your child’s account, please give us a call.
• Idaho Food Bank: We are a fully stocked Idaho Food Bank site. If your family needs food, please ask at the office.
If you should ever have a question or concern, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s teacher or any other staff member. We are here and excited to help your child earn their high school diploma and move on to greater success in life!
Greg Kramasz, Principal