The Lewiston School District’s Calendar Committee invites all parents/guardians to vote on one of the two proposed 2018 – 2019 academic school calendars.
The Calendar Committee has established priority goals when creating potential calendars and asks all stakeholders to also consider these when choosing an academic calendar:
- Maximize student contact time prior to state required assessments, which typically occur the last week of March through mid-May.
- Allow teachers enough time to thoroughly teach to all of the pivotal standards, prior to testing.
- Provide students with enough time to work toward proficiency of the standards, prior to testing.
- Create a calendar with a balanced number of days each semester, as well as each quarter.
- Create dedicated time for School Improvement, focused on standards alignment, curriculum, and student achievement.
Please complete the Google survey found at the following link. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJZfCJdzFfr3CSkhyyl-mRh80xHmGCHVU15rU8fbv-EJ8CmA/viewform?usp=sf_link Please only submit one response per household. The survey will remain open through Friday, December 29, 2017.