March 14 – 6:00 PM
Lewiston High School Facilities
The March 14, 2016 Regular Board Meeting will be conducted on the Lewis-Clark State College campus in the Williams Conference Center. The larger venue will accommodate any/all parents, students and patrons who may wish to attend. Representatives from the District’s architectural firm, LKV-RGU Architects, and the construction manager/general contractor, Kenaston/Leone & Keeble, will give a multimedia presentation comparing projected costs associated with the two options that the Board of Directors is considering to provide a comprehensive grades 9-12 high school in Lewiston:
- Renovate and remodel the existing Lewiston High School campus;
- Build a new high school on District-owned property in the Lewiston Orchards.
The presentation will detail costs for various components of a possible renovation/remodel of the current site including:
- Renovation of Booth Hall
- Bringing the 1928 main building up to code
- Providing Professional-Technical buildings
- Acquisition of adjacent properties for campus expansion
- Accommodating students during construction phase/s
This is an important issue for the Lewiston community. The School Board and Administration encourage your attendance. While this is a regularly-scheduled meeting of the Board, public comment will be very limited, due to time constraints. Opportunity for public input will be provided in the future once the Board studies the information presented at this meeting.