On February 27, 2017, the Board of Directors adopted a Resolution for a biennial director election to be conducted on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, administered by the Nez Perce County Clerk. One (1) at-large director position will be on the May ballot.
Qualified electors interested in serving on the Board of Directors are encouraged to review the information below. Declaration of Candidacy and Petition of Candidacy forms can be filed with Board Clerk Katharine McPherson for a 2-week period starting on March 3, 2017 and ending with close of business on March 17, 2017. Forms can be downloaded below or requested from the District’s Business Services office at 208.748.3036, 3317 12th Street, Lewiston, Idaho 83501.
Campaign and Finance Disclosure requirements, Idaho Code Section 67-6603, now apply to school board candidates and require certain accountabilities to be established. These accountabilities are described under “Declaration of Candidacy/Instructions to Declare Candidacy” below.
Board Resolution, February 27, 2017:
Declaration of Candidacy:
- IMPORTANT PLEASE READ – Instructions to Declare Candidacy
- Form: Declaration of Candidacy 2017
- Form: Petition of Candidacy 2017
- Form: Campaign Financial Disclosure
Serving as a Member of the Board:
- Rules and Regulations 1000. Board Governance and Operations
- Idaho Code 33-512, Governance of Schools
- Board Agendas: Review BoardDocs eAgendas and attachments
- Talk to a Board Member: Board Roster 2016-2017
- Continuous Improvement Plan (current)
- Continuous Improvement Student Data 2015-2016
- Schools Directory 2016-2017
- Idaho School Boards Association Publication “So you want to be a School Board Member”